Event: ChimataMusic's Fun Get-together (Songs Quiz) was held on Aug 1st, 2010.|
Venue: Sage Apartment Complex Club House, Cupertino, Silicon Valley, CA (Courtesy: Sandhya/Babu Movva)
Occasion: The Houston-based popular melodious singers, Mani Sastry and Sarada Akunuri gaarlu (who earlier sang in ChimataMusic's KVM and Ilaiya Raja concerts repesctively) happened to be in the Bay area during the weekend of July 31st. In addition, singers Mallikarjun and Ramachary were also present in the bay area. So, a few of the Bay Area nostalgic Telugu songs' lovers wanted to have fun with these guests.
The fun event started at noon and went on until 9: 00 PM and all participants were very enthusiastic through out the event. Every partcipant wished to have these kinds of events on a frequent basis in the near future.
1. Ghantasala Team: Mani Sastry (lead), Subbu Vadali, Sandhya Movva, and J Maruthi Kr (Remote dial-in from Atlanta, GA)
2. S Rajeswara Rao Team: Babu Movva (lead), Syamala Josyula, SVN Prasad, Gokul, and Srinivas Kommu
3. KV Mahadevan Team: Suresh Mantrala (first lead; remote dial-in from Raleigh, NC), Vishu Bokkisam (second lead), Sunitha Gubbala, Pratyusha Gubbala, Venkat Thimmisetty, Prasad Durvasula, Kalyan Kattamuri (guest presence), and Venu Aasuri (guest presence)
4. Sathyam Team: Srinivas Chennuri (first lead; remote dial-in from DE), Prasad Mangina (second lead), Bindu Vadali, Bhanu Murthy, Kumara Swamy Raja gaaru, and Vijaya Aasuri (guest presence)
5. Ilaya Raja Team: Sarada Akunuri (lead), Srinivas Tata, Ramana Turlapati, Padma Viswanadha, and Sruthi Viswanadha
Moderators: Srinivas Chimata and Sarada Akunuri (for the Second round)
Scorer: Sreeram Gundu
Video Shooting: Babu Vatti and Srilatha Bokkisam
Potluck Lunch Coordination: Sandhya Movva
Audio Setup: Vamsi Nadella, Narayanan and Srinivas Chimata
The first round of thanks goes to my wife and my two daughters for letting me do these kinds of activities at the expense of our weekend family time. Special acknowledgements to the singers (Mani Sastry and Sarada Akunuri gaarlu) for their graceful presence and to the singer Mallikarjun for spending (w/ a little entertainment with a couple of his songs and a bit of Chiru-dancing) a little time with us. I appreciate Kanthi/Prasad Durvasula gaarlu for coming to the event. In addition, I appreciate Vijaya/Venu Aasuri gaarlu for their presence (though it is brief) in the amidst of their hectic activities on the same day. Thanks to each family that brought sumptuous food (lunch pot-luck) and a special mention goes to the Bokkisam and Movva families, Sreeram Gundu, and Srinivas Tata, Vamsi Nadella and Narayanan for helping me in the event organization (and in the post-event clubhouse cleanup) and the audio setup. Finally, but not perfunctorily, a great note of thanks goes to Babu Vatti and Srilatha Bokkisam for patiently video-shooting the whole event for about 7, 8 hours.
Sarada Akunuri (Ilaiya Raja team) amazed all of us with her extensive knowledge in the songs and won the competition and Babu Movva (Rajesweara Rao team) stood in the second place. We all knew (from our Ilaiya Raja concert held on June 13th here) that she is a very good singer, but we have come to know in this event about her intense passion in the nostalgic Telugu songs and she seems to be living in/breathing with the Telugu melodies all the time. Because of the poor remote dial-in connection, the other passionate music lovers (Suresh Mantrala, Srinivas Chennuri, and J Maruthi Kumar) could not continue for a longer time and had unfortunately to drop out in the middle of the event.. otherwise, they could have given a bit tough fight to Sarada gaaru. :)
Srinivasa Rao Chimata
Silicon Valley, CA (Aug 25, 2010)